The Hotels Network is an award-winning technology company providing innovative software (B2B SaaS) for the hospitality industry. Since day one, we've worked hard to bring together an awesome team with deep expertise in hospitality, product design and consumer marketing. United by the mission to help hotel brands increase direct bookings, we build pioneering technology that enables any hotel to optimize their guests’ booking experience and regain their fair share of online revenue. We believe in what we do. As do thousands of hotels around the globe.
Based at our headquarters in Barcelona as well as in other strategic locations around the globe, The Hotels Network team is made up of over 135 people from 30 different nationalities. To fuel our continued rapid growth, we are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team based in Barcelona. This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a very ambitious company at a point where your work will have immediate impact on its growth and results. And have fun doing it, too.
This position will be require data knowledge (different databases), data analysis, queries review, data infra... You will get to play with a lot of data in different databases, with different architectures and teams. You will work with our engineering, design, and data science teams.
- Work in our Clickhouse cluster.
- Manage data infra like kafka and others.
- Monitor the data processes.
- Work with our team of Data Engineers.
- Ensure security through the data life cycle.
- Help developers get data from the different data sources.
- At least 3 years of experience working with large volumes of data.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with databases.
- Experience with Data Pipelines, Data Process & ETLs.
- Experience working with AWS.
- Experience with Ansible / Terraform.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Knowledge of systems security and data backup/recovery.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Knowledge of Redis.
- Knowledge of Column Oriented DataBases
- Knowledge of streaming
- Problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused.
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Hands-on attitude and sense of initiative.
- Fun to work with.
- Knowledge of general tools and languages like Python, PHP, git, docker, NGINX, etc. is welcomed.
- International environment with over 25 nationalities.
- Nice office in the Center of Barcelona.
- Have a real impact on a fast-growing innovative technology company.
- Continuous internal and external training.
- Healthy work life balance with flexible working hours and remote work policy.
- "Flexible compensation plan” with Ticket Restaurant, Ticket Transport and Bonus for Nursery.
- Coffee, tea, fresh fruit and Friday team breakfast.
- Competitive compensation.