The Hotels Network is an award-winning technology company providing innovative software (B2B SaaS) for the hospitality industry. Since day one, we've worked hard to bring together an awesome team with deep expertise in hospitality, product design and consumer marketing. United by the mission to help hotel brands increase direct bookings, we build pioneering technology that enables any hotel to optimize their guests’ booking experience and regain their fair share of online revenue. We believe in what we do. As do thousands of hotels around the globe.
Based at our headquarters in Barcelona as well as in other strategic locations around the globe, The Hotels Network team is made up of over 135 people from 30 different nationalities. To fuel our continued rapid growth, we are looking for a Backend Developer to join our team based in Barcelona. This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a very ambitious company at a point where your work will have an immediate impact on its growth and results. And have fun doing it, too.
This is an always open position since we are always ready to hire people that match this profile ;)
This person will be responsible for developing and testing software at all levels of our stack, supporting clients and participating in new product development projects.
- You bring between 3 and 5 years of programming experience.
- Experience in PHP (including modern frameworks such as Laravel 5, Symfony 2/3 or similar).
- Knowledge of NGINX or APACHE.
- Experience with MySQL, GIT, Unit Testing, Functional Testing and/or Integration Testing highly valued.
- Experience working with modern version control systems.
- Best Practices: Clean Code, SOLID, Design Patterns.
- Basic Experience in Front End.
Will be a plus:
- Experience designing and building APIs.
- Knowledge of CI/CD (Jenkins, Circle CI...).
- Cloud Architecture / Infrastructure experience.
- Knowledge of automation tools (Terraform, Ansible...).
- Container systems (Docker, Kubernetes) knowledge.
- Previous experience in start-ups an advantage.
- Experience with DDD, Event-Driven architectures, Kafka...
- Excellent communications and presentations skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Hands-on attitude and sense of initiative.
- Fun to work with.
- Desire to Learn, share and collaborate to help team achieve its goals and objectives.
- International environment with over 25 nationalities.
- Nice office in the Center of Barcelona.
- Have a real impact on a fast-growing innovative technology company.
- Continuous internal and external training.
- Healthy work life balance with flexible working hours and a remote-friendly work policy.
- "Flexible compensation plan” with Ticket Restaurant, Ticket Transport and Bonus for Nursery.
- Coffee, tea, fresh fruit and Friday team breakfast.
- Competitive compensation.